Saturday, September 5, 2009

Oh, Honduras!

So....yeah I live in Juticalpa, Honduras. I've been here for over two weeks (sorry it took so long for a blog) and I've been pretty busy! So much has happened, but here are some of the important things so far:

1. Honduras is beautiful and amazing..I love it here! I wish I knew more Spanish...but I think that will come with time.

2. The food is amazing...so far my favs are gringas and boleadas (good thing I like beans)!

3. There is something so beautiful in living simply!

4. I don't think my roommate, Sarah, and I could be any more compatible than we are...and we love our house...(even though we usually only have running water 1 day a week....thank you, Lord for our pila of water...and for Carlos!)

5. My principal gave me a hug when I met her (I bet that doesn't happen much)...and all the other volunteers are wonderful!

6. My first graders are ADORABLE....and FULL of energy.

7. Teaching is tough...challenging, but rewarding!

8. I'm so blessed that God called me here and I can't wait to see what He's going to do.

9. This experience will change me forever!

10. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! Es verdad!


No comments:

Post a Comment